First-ever International NAB Show launches successfully in China
December 23, 2016
If you missed it, we invite you to take part in the next edition – 13-15 June 2017. Now is the right time to engage with this huge, exciting and rapidly advancing market!
The innovators and thought leaders that are shaping the future of the media and entertainment industry in Asia gathered on December 6-9 in Shanghai, China to participate in the first-ever NAB Show Shanghai. Over 5,000 visitors from more than 45 countries took part. They experienced a world-class exhibition spanning more than 100,000 gross square feet and featuring 145 companies showcasing leading global brands – such as Sony, Christie, Harman, Akamai, Ricoh and DJI – and a full range of leading edge technologies across the broadcast, film, cable and digital sectors. In a media and entertainment industry sector that is growing quickly and already leading in many respects, this event could not be more timely and it promises to be ‘THE go-to’ event for Asia in the near future.
Some additional key facts and highlights from the event included:
- Technology insights – were delivered via expo floor-learning theaters and successfully spotlighted VR, cloud computing and 3D.
- Top-notch education – the event’s Global Innovation Exchange featured a comprehensive 3-day conference program led by industry experts from around the globe. More than 1,300 individuals participated in one or more of the over 70 conference sessions offered.
- Hands-on training – the China Post|Production Conference was delivered by Future Media Concepts, producers of Post|Production World in Las Vegas and attracted over 150 enthusiastic post production professionals.
- Supported by the industry’s best - major support provided by AIS – the Advanced Imaging Society (US), IABMm (UK), the World VR Society (Switzerland) and SMPTE China.
- And more . . . an additional 21 Chinese industry and government organizations supported the event with promotion and relevant industry sector topics to cover in the sessions.
- Great media exposure - 32 media outlet partners assisted with the regional promotion and global branding of this event.
And this is only the beginning. Moving forward, NAB Show Shanghai will only grow and attract more of the industry’s elite professionals from throughout Asia. Next year NAB Show Shanghai will be held June 13 – 15 (2017) and will be co-located with the world renowned Shanghai International Film Festival. Yes, it is a quick turnaround, but we are very excited by the prospect for a June event in Shanghai. For more information, please go to www.nabshowshanghai.com
, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunity is growing in China . . . NAB Show Shanghai is your gateway to that opportunity! We look forward to having you join us in 2017.
About NAB Show Shanghai
NAB Show Shanghai is co-produced by TCDIC and NAB. Building on the strength and success of the NAB Show brand and its global influence, 2016 NAB Show Shanghai serves to be the premier event for the global broadcast and trans-media industry in the Asia and Pacific region where professionals will demonstrate and experience innovative technology, learn the latest trends and network with global business and technology leaders. For complete details, visit www.nabshowshanghai.com
The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters.NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org
TCDIC is currently located at China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone. It is a national platform specializing in offering services to companies in the cultural device industry. TCDIC serves the businesses operating in the domestic and international cultural device industry. It covers the sectors of broadcasting, cinema, mobile internet, stage, game and amusement attraction and other emerging sectors in the cultural device industry. The mission of TCDIC is to advocate innovation and to promote international trade, exchange, and collaboration for domestic and international businesses registered in the Cluster. The functions of the Cluster are trade and presentation, innovative lab, bonded leasing, technical training and etc. The Cluster is the hub connecting global market needs and integrated technology supply in the cultural device industry.