CG Supervisor at Method Studios NY; Professor at NYU Masters Program at CADA.
Boaz Livny is a CG and VFX Supervisor, Technical Director and author of mental ray for Maya, 3ds Max, and XSI: A 3D Artist’s Guide to Rendering. He is passionate about photography, and specializes in the photographic aspects of 3D lighting, rendering, visual effects and compositing for high-end commercial, episodic TV and film. He is currently a CG Supervisor at Method Studios NY. He is also the CG and VFX Supervisor for the Brigade NY.
Throughout his career, starting in the 90’s, Boaz has provided regular services, consultancy, and freelance support to various advertising, hi-tech, film and television production companies, such as The Mill, Psyop, Rhino / Gravity, Nice Shoes, mental images and The Artery amongst others. some of these roles included
• Lighting and rendering technical director for the films “Tower Heist” and “Adjustment Bureau” (TD for Emily Blunt face replacements).
• VFX Supervisor at Nice Shoes on Lady Gaga's “Marry the Night” music video
• Kanye Wests’ “Cruel Summer” short film.
• Visual Effects for Pinks’ “Just Like Fire” Disney music video for the film “Alice through the looking glass”.
• VFX for “Lemonade”, Beyonce short film
• Game Trailer spot for “Doom”
• VFX Supervisor for CBS on the show “Elementary” for 4 seasons, with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu.
Boaz also regularly contributes to education, working as a professor at SVA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects department (BFA) and formerly at the MFA programs, NYU masters program at CADA, and CG Society Workshops covering various topics he regularly uses in production.
As a CG Supervisor at Method Studios, Boaz leads projects from start to finish, both CG and Compositing, for clients such as BMW, Microsoft, YouTube (Oscars spot 2017), Lumbar 84 (Super Bowl 2017), amongst many others.